“Pick and Tool – Pick a Holder” for High Speed/High Performance Machining
What Criteria do you use in selecting the best Cutting Tool and Tool Holder for High Speed and Hi Performance?
MWS, with almost 40 years of experience, explains the factors for selecting the best tool coupled with the best tool holder for maximum performance:
- High Speed/Hi Performance defined, relative to the material being machined and the machine tool being used.
- The dynamics of machining change as you move up the high speed/high performance ladder
- A review of tool holders and the key role they play
- How to reduce chatter and harmonics
- How to prevent tool pull out
- CNC programing techniques for high speed/hi performance machining
- The role coolant plays in high speed machining